ACTIVATE JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Activate works with the world’s most influential and innovative technology, media, and consumer companies to tackle their biggest challenge: growth. Our entire focus is on helping our clients increase revenues and position their businesses to win.
These are certainly exciting (and challenging) times for media, technology, entertainment, and information companies. New technologies, platforms, distribution models, marketplaces, editorial models, and advertising formats are creating growth opportunities. But capturing those growth opportunities isn’t easy. As the business environment gets more competitive, there is a critical need for new strategies and approaches.
That’s where we come in. Leading companies turn to us to find ways to grow their revenues, take advantage of digital opportunities, and to get ahead of the forces transforming their businesses.
Working at Activate:
We grow together as a firm and have a strong culture of mentorship and community. Our structure allows for individuals at all levels to collaborate and drive results for our clients together.
About the Principal Role:
You will typically lead a team of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will lead the day-to-day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members. You’ll work directly with clients and you’ll take ownership of the overall project and its end products. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
You will have the opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership. In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously with little direction. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
Client project work typically includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues and senior leaders on their teams.
Principal Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, 8+ years of experience OR Graduate and 7+ years of consulting/strategy experience including managerial experience
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Team player